Parents, did you know?
· You are your child’s first and most important teacher
· The most rapid period of growth occurs in the first three years of your child’s life
· Your child’s growth and development during the first three years will be the basis for success in learning
Francis Howell's Parents As Teachers program offers you the following services...
Personalized home visits with a Parent Educator trained in child development are provided to help you give your child a great beginning. Parents value this resource for the information provided on activities that encourage their child’s development and for the opportunity to observe and discuss their child’s development.
Parent meetings provide parents an opportunity to gain developmental information about their child and discuss development with other parents who have children the same age. The meetings also allow parents to socialize with other parents in their school district.
Screenings in overall development, language, hearing and vision are available through the home visit. The goal of the screenings is to provide parents with information on the individual growth of their child and the early detection of potential problems that may affect later learning.
Resources are available to assist families in finding additional services when indicated through screening and requested by the parent.
Research has shown that children whose parents were involved in PAT. . .
· Were significantly advanced over their peers in language, social development, problem solving and intellectual abilities.
· Scored significantly higher on standardized measures of reading and math achievement than did comparison children.
PAT is a partnership between the home, the school, and the community to give all children the best possible start in life. The services are FREE to Francis Howell residents. There are services for you and your child from birth to school entry.
To enroll call (636) 851-6400 - (636) 851-6200 - (636) 851-6000.